Thursday 22 August 2013

The bubble in the rise


The question that many anglers often ask is how to spot a grayling rising?
Well being on the river studying fish as often as I do you get to observe certain ways of rising fish..
People often say about the bubble left by a grayling which is very true but trout can do the same affect too so it's not a sure sign.
I often target grayling as my preferred fish for the dry fly as the satisfaction is much more than a trout due to how much your presentation needs to be spot on.. Without going into detail a persistent rising grayling  in my view will be become more preoccupied with the given hatch than a trout which can be tempted without matching the hatch (sometimes)..
A grayling will hold station in a feeding lane at the river bed and can see so much more than a trout that sits inches below the surface..
Therefore drag and the right choice of fly has been critical for me..
Last evenings fishing was all that I needed to get my hatch fix of grayling..
The BWO spinner falls are becoming less and the river did not have the prolific hatches of these spinners but never less there was enough to find around seven rising fish in the last hour which I managed to land 3 grayling and 2 trout with Richard Wards poly prop spinner..
Both trout were hit on first attempts and the grayling put my fly presentation to the test with 3 or four attempts..
The proof is there for me, any dry fly man I see catching 'proper' grayling on the dry is doing his job well..
I am out most nights this week getting my fix so plan to start updating my blog on a more regular basis..
Podcasts are going well and I have some real treats up my sleeve so to any readers or listeners get yourself off the couch on get these last few months of dry fly fishing before its too late
Nice one
Glen
 

30 comments:

  1. I like fly fishing, actually its my hobby . still i am learning it thank you for the post

    fishing tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the process of learning more about Fly Fishing, steel head fishing and many more. this is so fun! Guided Fishing Charter Seattle with All Star Charters

    ReplyDelete
  3. bubble's rise terminal velocity is strongly dependent on dynamic viscosity effect. ... As is known, the single isolated gas bubble's rising velocity in a liquid large ?
    thanks .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fishing is one of my favorite hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my preferred fish for the dry fly as the satisfaction is much more than a trout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fishing is fun, especially with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://www.facebook.com/crazyfishin page crazy & funny fishing
    may site and crazy fishing videos
    crazyfishin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is really a good post. I am interested in reading about fly fishing I like it. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful fly fishing blog.
    Fly Fishing Lodge British Columbia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fly fishing can be done in fresh or salt water . this summer gonna try this Fishing thing .

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice post .
    Fishing is one of my favorite hobby.
    thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very awesome you've got some unique kind of fishes.. ihope i can catch like that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very awesome you've got some unique kind of fishes.. I hope i can catch like that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very informative blog...thank you giving such a wonderful post...it is simply nice to resd

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting article. Its really amazing. You've got great idea and creativity before coming up with this. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great way to share your blessing to others who are in need. I really want to be apart of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea! I've learn a lot from this blog spot! Thanks and God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will also spend my rest time and days for fishing! and i will enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im following this blog. i hope you post more.. your topic is very simple but meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing work! I admire you so much! thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The details are offered with intelligent thought and also consideration. Thanks for sharing this men!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm waiting for your next update :) i hope you you will make more blogs like this. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete