Friday 20 November 2009

My Seasons top flys

Conrad asked me the other week what my favorite flys were over the season so i am asking if anyone can give us a list of your favorites through the seasons this year..
Thing are quite so hope can get some fly talk while sitting at home waiting for the new season....

Spring...
The fly i used was a emerging snow shoe foot Large Dark Olive that i had from the top fly man Matt( north country angler), this fly nailed the Derwent and Elly and will be looking forward to using it again.. I even was catching on it in a huge Mayfly hatch at Dovedale
Click to see tying by Matt LDO Snowshoe Hare Emerger
http://www.flyforums.co.uk/fly-tying-step-step/32782-ldo-snowshoe-hare-emerger.html

Summer....
Got to be the JT olive (John Tyzack), in the smaller size 19# which matched every olive that came off on my rivers, this fly needs to be fished right with no drag at all to get the full use of it as with most olives and then its bag up time!!
I will also put the JT olive emerger which blasted the fish on elly when they were ignoring the duns...
To obtain these flys click on this ... http://www.johntyzack.co.uk/

Autumn...
Got to be my LTD sedge pattern, on a late sedge hatch it was electric, i was so confident in them that they were even pulling fish that were not rising. I even caught my lunking Wye fish on this fly and this made it even more special for me. Tyed in smaller size 17 tiemco 103bl or even 19 were the key for me in this LTD...
To Tie click here Sedge pattern (LTD sedge)http://www.flyforums.co.uk/fly-tying-step-step/46171-sedge-pattern-ltd-sedge.html


Well there goes, get your favorite flys on here
Johhny Colemans told me i was on the BFFI footage on Sky Sports tonight chatting Olive Edwards up and pinching his flys!!!

Nice one
Glen

1 comment:

  1. Youth,

    Post the link to the sky sports footage mate....

    Davo

    ReplyDelete